Friday, May 8, 2009

Sigh-ing yet again

I had my first minor accident today...actually..I had TWO of minor accidents today...although the first one wasn't entirely my fault...I was driving past the car when it reversed out and knocked into me...although I guess I should have let the person pass through first...it wouldn't have cost me anything..and my car wouldn't have been scratched...the second one was totally my fault...I went too close to the Wira and scratched its side while parking...I couldn't estimate the distance as it was night..but I guess I was also very careless....when I felt it scratch my blood ran cold...after parking I got out of the car and surveyed the damage...my car was more severely damaged but his wasn't in too good condition either...the paint had come off and a side of the bumper as well...was naturally worried...so I went into the mall with my friends...and I was praying and asking for forgiveness...coz I didn't know what to do..the owner of the car wasn't there...My friends told me it was alright...but the guilt just wouldn't go away...it just didn't...so in the end I went back down to my car..and my friends accompanied me..I stuffed an Rm50 note into the top of the person's door...I really really hope it at least covers some of the damage..and that the person won't be too upset...my friends were curious as to why I was so concerned and felt so guilty...I don't have a direct answer for them...but I knew that if I didn't do something..I wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully tonight...and I would always feel guilty when I recall the incident...I still feel guilty now...sigh...and worried....worried that my next accident might not be too far away...this time it was a vehicle..what if its a life next time...I guess I just need more experience and I have to be more careful on the road...I guess I was right to make my vow never to fetch anyone around til I was more experienced...but I guess that I was overcome by arrogance when I started driving..I considered going back on my vow..after all..I could drive pretty well...not today....today, my driving was horrendous...to say the least....really had a real shaking to the core today..even though it was only two minor incidents....but minor ones if not handled properly can develop into bigger ones....I guess I was right to make my vow after all...and I don't think I'll ever consider going back on it again...I have to pay for the repairs for my own car as well...I owe that much to my parents...I will not let them pay for my careless-ness...and I'm sure they won't either...got another raking over hot coals for that....and those coals won't cool down until a few days later...and even then...maybe I won't be allowed to drive...for a period of time at least...anyway..I have myself to blame....I should have been more careful...sigh...the repair bill for the car will be pricy...more money lost due to my own careless-ness...today was a bad start...had a minor accident..and I ended the day with another minor accident...what a day...been very disappointing for me....wallet's gone empty once again....

God, I'm sorry for being so careless...particularly with a responsibility as large as a car...forgive me for hurting people,help me to be more careful next time when I'm on the road, and to take things seriously...I'm sorry God...I'm really sorry....

One bright spot about today is that its Miss Ellen's birthday...I hope she's had a fine day....Happy Birthday Miss Ellen...

No comments:

Post a Comment