Friday, May 22, 2009

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace,how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me,
I once was lost,but now am found,
Was blind but now I see,

'Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear,
And Grace,my fears relieved,
How precious did that Grace appear,
The hour I first believed,

My Chains are gone,
I've been set free,
My God my Saviour,
Has ransomed me,

And like a flood,
His mercy reigns,
Unending Love,
Amazing Grace,


The Lord has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures,
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.

The Earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The Sun forbear to shine,
But God who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.

Sigh....God...I'm sorry for all the things I've done wrong..help me to remember this song...and to mean it with all my heart..help me to remember that You gave Your life for me, to save me from my own sins and actions, and that nothing is worth losing the freedom that You have bought for me at such a great price...forgive me for taking Your Everlasting Mercies for granted, and for forgetting that You are also a God of wrath, a God who will discipline His children if they go the wrong way....Forgive me Father,for the things that I have done, and for my lapses and mistakes in judgement...May Your Amazing Grace be my salvation....Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment