Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Of Judicial Ramifications

I got my first penalty for a driving offence today, otherwise known as simply kena saman.apparently was driving too fast, 19kilometres above the speed limit...exactly 99km/h....sigh....gonna get a grilling for that....anyway....here's what happened....

I realised the cars in front were going exceedingly slow..but it never occured to me that the "oh-so-prestigious-and-efficient" members of the national security task force were on the prowl....so when I finally got to see the road blocks I knew I was in trouble...sure enough...I got flagged down and sent to the side...this "oh-so-even-more-prestigious" officer came to attend to me...wound down the window and he told me I was travelling at 99km/h....I gave him the sweetest smile imaginable and said "sorry encik..."...he gave me and awkward stare so I asked him if he wanted my driving license...deep down inside he must have wanted something more.....valuable....but he said yes...while he was holding my license he suddenly gave me another chance by asking "mau saya saman ke?" or so he thought....again the sweetest smile and the "sorry encik...." but this time I added "ok..."...man...he must have been disappointed....wrote down my personal details and stuff...and handed the slip back to me for me to sign it...after that he tore off the sheet and handed it to me...the look of utter disgust plastered across his face...guess he was hoping that a young and inexperienced driver would be scared into choosing the easy way out and just giving him some money for tea....once again the "sorry encik" coupled with the sweet smile...but I have to tell you I was seriously tempted to just pay him off....coz my friends told me that they only expect like rm10/20 from students and P drivers...and added to that is the fact my parents are sure to nag and scold....but chose not to in the end....when I was taking th slip from him and apologizing I was sorely tempted to actually add a "terima kasih" to the smile....didn't want to push the guy over the limit..so just took it and left...while I was driving I strangely felt at peace with myself...of course I regret going so fast and getting a summons..but at least I was preserved further degradation of standards by choosing not to bribe the "wonderful" officer...still...grumbling to myself now..of all the huge criminals in the nation and they choose to apprehend lil old me...sigh....so I have 4 marks left on my P license...another offence like that and my license is revoked...thus signifies the end of my speeding days..at least until I gat my permanent license and 20 more merit points....then things MIGHT change again...haha

God, sorry for breaking the law set by the authorities..I know I'm supposed to respect them no matter how much I dislike the people that carry it out and set them down....thank you for helping me to avoid even further sin and for doing the right thing...Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment