Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hectic Day

Today was the first time ever in this semester that I was late for class....to do the moment justice I must slowly and carefully explain it....

I woke up at 6.48am precisely...heaven knows why...and I thought I was late coz my class started at 8 on Wednesdays....turns out it was Tuesday..oh well...back to bed...my phone alarm rang on 8.15am...and I snoozed it as is custom...thinking "oh it will ring again after 5 minutes and I'll still have time to snooze it 3 more times before getting up at 8.30"...turns out it DIDN'T ring again..the alarm went off...but the phone remained silent....darn it...stupid phone...I woke up and my blood ran cold when I realised how long I slept...checked my phone and it was 9.35 exactly....and my phone had an alert saying "Alarm!"...was like..."What the?!" as though putting the big alert there and remaining quiet is gonna help...so I hopped out of bed...well...hop is an understatement....I almost flew out of it....and took one of the briefest proper shower of my life..and in my looooong history of short,brief showers that is saying something....well..when I got ready it was already 9.48...oh darn...I'm sooo late...sis drove me to college...she was driving fast...guess she knew that I was late.....reached college at precisely 10.12....entered the class and said sorry I was late...and my Psyc lecturer gave me a look I never saw before...a kinda mix between a smile and a grimace..was trying to figure out why when my friend told me I missed a quiz the moment I took my seat....instantly knew why....oh well...I can afford to miss 2 and still get high marks coz she only takes the best 10/12...but sad I missed one...and for the first time I was on the receiving end of the "you just missed a quiz" look...not very nice....anyway..I asked her for the questions...and out of the five I could only answer 1 question correctly as I did absolutely no revision whatsoever...so I didn't really miss much...haha...self-consolation...it actually works...when its true that is.....dumb phone made me late....sigh....traitorious machine....

anyway..today turned out great...did quite well for Psyc mid-term...didn't reach my target...but it wasn't too far off mark...so quite satisfied...English was stunning...the quiz I thought I was gonna fail..I got the result today and I aced it apparently...was so stunned...and of course all my frens who shared my misery about how hard the quiz was were looking at me with the "you are so gonna die you freaking liar" look....lol...seriously....had to endure a whole 1 1/2 hours of constant ribbing....haha..but glad I managed to do well..

Thank you God for making this day so wonderful..even though it didn't start out as great as I would have hoped...

No comments:

Post a Comment