Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Helping or Harming?

Been faced with a problem with a friend....she's a very nice person...a great friend..one of the few that I can talk bout most stuff with...and also one of the few who will know SOME of my personal details....however, she is also hard to handle at times....she's a great person, kind compassionate caring, but she's also a quite dependant person....sometimes she has a problem and she really has no clue as to what to do....so I'm usually there to help out....talk to her and even if I can't do much to just be the listening ear...it's totally fine with me...I don't mind listening..I'm actually quite glad that she tells it to me instead of keeping it pent up inside her...can be really frustrating and stressful that way...but the thing is...most of the time she really needs a lot of encouragement and nudges to get going in life...that's what friends are for, but I'm struggling to make her see that she has a lot more inside of her than she really thinks...and yet she often denies it, and tell me that she can't...the ironic thing is that even though she tells me her issues and sometimes they aren't really an issue, I have more faith in her than she has in herself...kinda low self-esteem...been trying to tell her that it's alright...that things will work out fine and she doesn't need to worry...but it's hard when she keeps saying she's scared and can't do it....I don't know if she really feels so afraid or she just needs to hear words of encouragement...either way I will always be there to listen when she needs me around...but I'm not sure if I'm helping her....learned in Psychology today about Dependant Personality Disorder...and it got me thinking and worried...I don't want her to be one of them..I pray not.....but if I have to keep telling her she's better than what she thinks and convince her of her abilites, am I helping her or harming her?clueless as to what to do now...really hope she sees the truth one day about herself..that she really doesn't need any help from anybody to survive and to keep going....she can be totally happy by herself, living life for herself..and not her boyfriend or anyone else....

My friend, if you are reading this, I'm sorry if it hurts you...I don't mean to hurt you or anything....but you just have to realise that you got a lot inside of you that's just waiting for the chance to be let out by yourself...don't put your life on hold just because of someone or something...nothing and nobody is worth that....God wouldn't want you to do that either....He made you for His glory...remember that...

No comments:

Post a Comment