Tuesday, June 30, 2009

As darkness fell, and I shivered and shook,
Bereft of the confidence that Insecurity took,
Feeling lost, for You I looked,
Reading Your promises, in Your Holy Book,

But nohing came; I've lost my aim,
Whatever I tried, it turned out the same,
With no one but me to take the blame,
To carry the burden, the guilt and the shame,

A decision made, so easily misled,
A mistake for which I was not prepared,
If only I had listened, such confusion would I be spared,
The fact that I didn't, my problems I dread,

Looking for a sign, I spoke to the air,
As time ran out, I fell into despair,
Just when my problems I could no longer bear,
Your Light shone around me, and You were there,

So to You I sing, my Lord and King,
Lifting this praise, an offering,
My life broken, to You I bring,
For You are my God, my Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment