Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Choices,Decisions and Consequences

We often make choices in our lives...in fact...our entire life is run by choices...what we choose to eat determines our health and hunger,what we choose to study determines who we are going to be, what we choose to wear determines our public image; choices are made on a daily basis...and while some are often trivial and inconsequential, there are some that will determine what path you are going to take....and wrong choices can alter such paths drastically...utterly changing the direction of life...while you might still end up at your intended destination, the state in which you arrive there will only be determined by how hard you try to make up for the wrong decision...

I made a rash decision recently...one that I thought was so right at that time....I considered...but not carefully enough...recently found out that I should not have made that decision so quickly..and I should have weighed my options before making such an important decision....but I thought that I could go back...revert....and still be on the right track...unfortunately there is no turning back from the decision...not unless I'm willing to re-start from scratch and waste time....decided not to...it wouldn't be fair to the people around me..I made the choice..and I will live with it....I can still get to my intended destination in life at the end..but I will have to work extra hard to be on par with others who are better educated...who have greater experience and knowledge than me....when I found out today that I couldn't go back....that there was no turning around....truth be told I was devastated...though I tried really hard not to let it show on my face....of course there is a way back..but to make that decision to turn around would be just unfair and wrong...not just for myself but for people around me....I cannot let them pay for my mistakes....but I guess that's how life is....it throws different situations at you...and how you react to it and the choices you make will determine what you become....don't ever doubt yourself when you start out on something...I learned that the grass on the other side isn't neccesarily greener....not all of the time...taught me a grim lesson on consideration before I junp into anything in the future....you take what life gives you...and you do your best with it...it might not be the best...but at least you've got something to work on...and it can still get you where you want to be...but it all depends on you...

God, sorry for making such a rash decision...and for all the other rash decisions that I have made in my life...I will continue to keep my options open...and I sincerely pray that You will make a way where there seems to be no way...nonetheless, not my will but Yours be done...if You had to let me make such a rash decision to make me learn, or to be here to serve Your purpose, then so be it.Help me to make the most of what I have...not to be too devastated and to live in regret..but in thankfulness that at least You have given me what I have...help me to make the most of it..in honour of You....may my actions and work with what I have glorify Your name...and bring peace to my heart....Help me Lord to go Your way, Help me not to go astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment