Friday, August 6, 2010

To: God

Stressed stressed stressed,
It seems to be my companion these days,
Aren't I supposed to be in Your presence,
To walk Your peaceful ways?

What has happened to my plans,
My schedules are all mixed up,
Problems to which I have no defence,
Circumstances are filling my cup,

In Your secret place I know,
Peace and understanding in me will overflow,
But can I find that secret place,
To feel the warmth of Your embrace,

Am I like Martha, who knew not what was important,
Or am I simply me, failing in my duty,
It seems like an ominous portent.

I'm worried Lord,
And nervous,
I'm scared of things disastrous,

And above all Lord I lack,
Faith and confidence,
In my quiet times I reflect,
And see my actions that were devoid of substance,

"Help me Lord!" is my distant cry,
"I want to do better! I want to try!",
And then, when my fears strip me bare,
I look to the heavens and hear Your voice,
I know,
You are there.


No comments:

Post a Comment