Thursday, August 26, 2010

Able

I twist and I turn,
On the inside I churn,
Fear and worry,
They torment me,

Of sleepless nights and cold sweat,
Oh the amount of those I have had,
Feeling the circumstances piled before,
And the consequences dire if I should fall,

A leader it would seem,
Is a hard thing to be,
Rather would I have been,
An ordinary guy, just me,

Burdens placed on shoulders not wide enough,
Bending a back not at all that tough,
Walking a tightrope of uncertainty,
Walking that tightrope blindly,

"What can I do?"
My desperate cry,
I need some help,
That I can't deny,

Apathy strikes,
Its claws digging in,
Regret follows,
Of what could have been,

Desperately I look,
And no one was there,
To reassure,
My burden to share,

Realisation dawns,
I've looked the wrong way,
When all things seemed lost,
My vision too, went astray,

A song plays,
Its melody familiar,
The words reminding me always,
Of a God who calms all fear,

I know my God is able,
I know my God never fails,
I know my God is able,

He knows me through,
He knows me true,
He knows the fear I have,
He knows my worries too,

When my strength begins to fade,
When I lack confidence,
He teaches me to have faith,
In His divine providence,

I trust in You with all I am,
Coz I know You have the master plan,
So I'll throw my life into Your hands,
For Your glory, For Your glory,

I step forward into the fray,
My faith placed in Him alone,
I know my trust He will not betray,
For He is my solid stone,

Trust in Him all you people,
Even in the midst of situations terrible,
Take heart in the midst of your trouble,
For it is then that you will know,
Your God is able,

The strength of youth will fade away,
And the pride of achievements lead you astray,
Perseverance itself might crumble and fall,
But my God is above them all,

Things may change like the turn of a table,
When it seems that I may be making a gamble,
In moments like these when I feel unstable,
I look to You and I know,
My God is able.

*Italics from God is Able by Planetshakers*





No comments:

Post a Comment