Monday, July 12, 2010

Hidden Deep Within

Deep in the depths,
Roiling and raging,
Only ever occasionally,
Reduced to a simmering,

It is never still,
Never calm,
Never to be until,
Exposed to that healing balm,

Will you never know?
Can you not hear?
Can you not feel the surge of emotions,
Everytime you draw near?

I once thought that it would all change,
That the difference would be made,
Through care and love exchange,
Such hubris in the face of my results,
Is laughable at best,
I've tried my best,
I've failed that test,

I see it now, the twists and turns,
Of fate and folly, knowing their wonts,
I've been a fool, to turn from the One,
To base my joy on another other than the Son,

And yet human am I,
And still I sigh,
For the "could have beens",
And the chances nigh,

Time draws close,
It races near,
It knows no delay,
And fills me with fear,

The time will come,
When you will be gone,
Yet nothing I can do,
Than wait for it to be done,

Away with these feelings,
They serve me no cause,
Away with these hurts,
And the smiles of force,

I will wait once again,
In quietness and trust,
Knowing my Creator has His plans and thus,
Relieved I will be, within His embrace,
Knowing I am free, in the presence of His Grace,

Free from hurts and free from pain,
Free from stress and a heartful of strain,
Free from desiring anything else,
Free in the knowledge that my needs He quells,

He knows me like none other,
He knows me for He is my Father,
He leads me to paths better,
He leads me through calm pasture,

A prayer I will offer, for that person beyond,
For guidance and blessings, and in safety be borne,
For happiness and joy through the rest of all days,
For tenderness and love, to keep apace,
Though it comes not from my heart as its place.

Composed:Eminence
To: A friend indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment