Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tomorrow

Glanced through a friend's blog and saw an old entry entitled "Tomorrow"
Well, it was just her way of telling every1 bout a big event coming up tomorrow...
Although in this case that "Tomorrow" happens to be like a month ago...give or take a few days......
Anyway...back to the issue....it got me thinking about the word Tomorrow.....

It's really a word very often taken for granted it seems....
How many times do we tell our friends "See you tomorrow!"
What makes us think there even will be a tomorrow.....
I know...I sound depressed and all...but when you do take some time to think bout it...
Tomorrow really seems like something abstract at best....

Who can say if tomorrow will come....who can say what will happen tomorrow....
Even Jesus said "Do not worry bout tomorrow...for tomorrow will worry bout itself".

Live your life like its your last day....
Wise words indeed...coz none of us are assured of a tomorrow....
At least not a tomorrow on this planet in this earthly form at least....
The any real thing we have for us is the NOW....what we are going through....
Seems to make the idea of putting off assignments til tomorrow kinda dumb doesn't it?
Ah well...that's something all college students suffer from...
Don't deny it now...no matter how dilligent you are...
You surely have postponed something for "tomorrow" before....
IF you haven't...then my apologies for assuming such....

If there's one thing that never comes, its tomorrow....
Coz when it comes, it becomes today....
Confusing yes...but take some time to figure it out...

Listening to a song that's entitled Worship Forevermore...
And I realised that its not really that much of a promise I can give to God...
To worship Him forevermore....
I can't even say with confidence if I'll still be here tomorrow...
If I'll still be alive to worship Him tomorrow...
All I can do is sing it to Him now....
And hope that I can do it day by day...
One step at a time....

God, thanks for giving me today...and forgive me if I have not done my best with the day You have given me...Help me to live each day with the knowledge that its a gift from You...every time I gain a new day, that You were the one who brought my tomorrow....and I should never forget that...I can offer You nothing more than my praise and thanks and worship each day....for I do not know if tomorrow will come....in any case....Thanks for the days all this while....Help me to make better use of it....Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment