Monday, June 7, 2010

Learning to Trust

Been struggling a whole lot recently...especially with the short semester...

Especially especially when deadlines are drawing near and assignments are piling up...

And insane lecturers try to make life even more miserable by pelting you with quizzes and the like.

Goodness knows what made me think I could handle 3 subjects in a short semester...

And if that wasn't enough, to add to that,

A portfolio in CF that I got no ideas on,

A camp coming in less than 3 months time,

A committee I seemingly can't seem to lead effectively,

Personal issues to struggle with,

Strong emotions to handle,

And money seemingly flowing out of my account with the current of a monsoon drain,

On a very rainy day at that....

But then a friend of mine asked a very pertinent question,
(When I was telling her bout my fears for camp and all)

She asked, "Who's camp is this?"

And suddenly it all fell into place.

TRUST.

Thats the key I've been missing so far,
The key that can unlock all my problems,
And its astounding since God has shown me throughout the year,

That He sees my needs,
He hears my prayers, (both the hidden and clear ones)
And He has answered them ( or not) according to His perfect will,
My devotion everyday, just reveals more of what He wants to tell me,
And what He wants/has for my life,

And yet I didn't know to trust when it really did matter,
When things came to a boil,
I chose to look at my circumstances,
And shifted my focus away from Him,

We humans are hyperopic creatures,
When we look ahead to God, everything else comes into sharp focus,
But when we choose to look at the problems in front of us,
Our world turns blurry,
And we stumble and fall coz we can't see the way ahead anymore,

I shall end this entry with a short creed shall I?

I believe in prayers, though my answers be silence,
I believe in love, though I may stumble and fall,
I believe in peace, even in times of violence,
I believe in God, who conquers things all.

No comments:

Post a Comment