Monday, July 19, 2010

Of Letting Go

What must I do?
What do I say?
What can take this pain away?

Look through these walls,
These barriers of time,
See the joy and the smiles,
And the pain that's left behind,

Remembering the moments,
The heated flashes and temperaments,
The laughter and the fun,
Under the rays of a shining sun,

Words cannot express,
Actions cannot deny,
Yet I continue to press,
Continue will I to defy,

I want to let go,
Of this I know,
I will let go,
I will let go,

There are others around,
Who deserve more from me,
People who always surround,
Even when troubles abound,
They accompany me.

Give yourself a chance,
Open up your heart,
There are people there,
There are people waiting,

Time passes by,
Never thought I'd wind up,
One step behind,
Now I've made my mind up,

Today I'm gonna try a lil harder,
Gonna make every minute last longer,
Gonna learn to forgive and forget,
Coz we don't have long, gonna make the most of it,

Today I'm gonna love my enemies,
Reach out to somebody who needs me,
Make a change, Make the world a better place,
Coz tomorrow could be one day too late,
One day too late.


Live your life to its fullest.
Express yourself the way you know best.
Time to be free and to do what you want.

Give to those who have been there for you all this while.
Only then will it be fair to yourself and to them.



Italics from One Day Too Late by Skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment