Monday, January 18, 2010

My green tortoise....

Got scratched again today...in the HELP parking lot...seriously have to do something bout it coz there's not enough space..so on Mondays when classes start at 11 for me its either risk getting a summon for parking illegally or parking "legally" in the carpark and risk getting my darling tortoise scratched...there goes another rm180....my money's been saying goodbye too often for the past 2 weeks....repair bills keep coming...anyway..the purpose of this entry isn't to complain....its bout something I just realised today....

Before I realised my car got scratched..was on my way home and this song was being played on my cd player...

When I found You,
All became new,
Now I live for You,

Because You saved me,
And You forgave me,
I have been set free,

Everything inside me gives You praise,
For everything You've done in me,
I will sing to You,
And I will worship you,

For everything You are to me,
I will shout Your praise,
And live for You always,

No matter what I go through,
I'll lift my praise up to You,
In everything I will sing,
My praises to the King

For the benefit of those who don't know the song...its For Everything by Planetshakers...

So I got down the car...and decided to check and see if there was any scratches or whatever on it because I had to park in an "illegal" spot in the carpark..for HELP students you oughta know why la...so yeah...checked and found this awesome-ly large scratch on my JUST PAINTED green tortoise...and was like "What??!!!!!"..Needless to say I was extremely annoyed/angry...and decided to get my car over to a repair shop to see how much it will cost to respray it...AGAIN....and it turned out to be rm180...wow....

The thing is..when I was driving off to the repair shop I played this song again..and while I was singing it oh-so-happily in the car on the way home...I found I couldn't sing it in the same way when I realised my darling got scratched....even though I really tried to sing it and praise God all the same...it just wouldn't be the same as when everything was alright (or at least when I THOUGHT everything was alright)...and that's the thing I just realised....its really very easy to sing and say
No matter what I go through,
I'll lift my praise up to You,
In everything I will sing,
My praises to the King

When things are going great..its a totally different thing to sing the same verse when things are not so great....thinking back...its been quite a mind opening experience for me....made me realise that it's not easy to sing promises to God...because its hard to keep them when things aren't going my way...hmm...food for thought....

And once again...Maybank need not bother paying me interest since there's hardly any currency in my account anyway.....

No comments:

Post a Comment