Sunday, November 13, 2011

When You Were There

Life was a challenge, every single day,
Every step I took, down every other way,
I journeyed down paths, at times turning back,
To try another one, while trying to keep track,

Of all the things I have been through, and all the things I've yet to do,
Of every thing I said, and every promise made,

At times it seemed I bit off more than I could chew,
As opportunities before me evaporated like the morning dew,
I ran to try and grasp them all,
In my rush, only to slip and fall,

Yet there always seemed a strength in me,
A voice that said "Just try again,"
When the darkness of life was all I could see,
You encouraged me though my will was faint,

The thought of you galvanizes my heart,
Heping me push through my distraught,
Because I know that if I pull through,
I'd be someone who is worthy of you,

When life's troubles grasp at me,
When the arms of anguish snap at my heels,
I'll shake off the shackles and break free,
I'll scale that hill, and there you'll be,
Waiting as ever, waiting for me,

And though the clouds of rain and storm,
Obscure your countenance, albeit never for long,
I'll step forth in faith, and push on in hope,
Through the darkest of nights, to the morning dawn,

I'll carry my burdens, my issues I'll bear,
I'll stand defiant, because of you, I dare,
I took on the world without a worry or a care,
When I knew in my heart that you were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment